Hashtags for a business: Any catchphrase or word as per situation that is preceded by a hash (#) sign is called as a hashtag. This increases interest in a specific subject and thereby facilitates a search for the same. By adding a hashtag to any post, an internet user gets indexed by the social media network and be searched by other users. For example, Twitter hashtags, Facebook hashtags, and Instagram hashtags are commonly known.
The hashtag is described as a vital marketing strategy for segregating messages on Twitter and can be used as influential marketing tools. There are a variety of reasons for which hashtags are used:
- Any discussion or topic can be started by using them. One can talk about a variety of topics, following which these hashtags would be arranging various topics so that users can locate and follow them easily.
- Participating in or hosting chats with hashtags, which can boost your company’s follower count and connect with people who can provide insights for your business. Twitter chats or Tweet chats will increase followers for your company. Hashtags to cover people who can give insights for your business may also be found.
- Hosting online contests to create brand awareness and attract a larger audience. You can utilize Twitter’s search function to discover relevant hashtags. More people may also be invited in this manner. The search function on Twitter can be utilized to find relevant hashtags.
- Organizing posts and tweets related to your company using Twitter hashtags.
- For current updates and the latest sources of information about your business, hashtags are helpful. Coaches and mentors to guide you on business strategies can also be found.
However, not all hashtags serve the same purpose across all platforms. Their usage on Facebook differs significantly from how they’re used on Instagram. Here’s how to use hashtags on different social media platforms:
- How to use hashtags on Facebook– Use 1-2 hashtags to promote products and services. Avoid using more, as it can result in reduced engagement. Make your posts public to allow comments and followers from beyond your immediate circle. Moreover, you must allow your post to become public, such that other people can comment and follow you, and not just family and friends.
- Using hashtags on Instagram– Utilize hashtags extensively, as they can increase engagement by at least 12.6%. Using 11 hashtags seems to generate the best results, and you can include up to 30 hashtags per post.
- Hashtags on Google+ – More engagement on Google Plus translates to more hashtags. Including 1-3 hashtags in each post is a good practice and is believed to have SEO benefits.
- LinkedIn: Enhance your business profile’s visibility by incorporating 1-2 relevant hashtags. If you create long-form content on LinkedIn, these hashtags can help categorize your content efficiently.
- Making use of hashtags on LinkedIn– Adding them to your business profile will help you gain visibility on the site. In case you are writing long-form content on LinkedIn, relevant hashtags will help the website categorize your content easily. Stick to the rule of 1-2 at the moment.
In conclusion, just like any marketing tool, it’s essential to conduct research on hashtags before including them in your social media posts. However, analyze your competition to determine if they aggressively use hashtags and whether it increases engagement for them. Examples of hashtags include #socialmedia, #longdrive, and #keymetricsofgrowth
Discover a wealth of valuable content on various topics by exploring our extensive blog page.